, gum diseases
, dry mouth and many such dental problems happen when dental health and hygiene is not maintained. To help you maintain a healthy and pretty smile, given below are some dental health
and hygiene dos and don’ts you must follow. THE DON’T’S OF DENTAL HEALTH AND HYGIENE
THE DOS OF DENTAL HEALTH AND HYGIENE
- Don't forget to clean behind your back teeth.
- Avoid snacking on hard or sticky candies as they tend to remain in the mouth longer and thus increase the risk of tooth decay.
- Don't ignore your gums to avoid bad breath and teeth from falling off.
- Never rinse you mouth with an alcohol based mouth-rinse. Choose only a non-alcoholic variant to avoid irritation to your gums. You can also use a mixture of warm water and salt to rinse daily.
- Don't clean your tongue so hard that it hurts.
- Avoid too much caffeine.
- Don’t brush your teeth right after drinking or eating acidic drinks or foods. Drink water before brushing to activate the saliva in the mouth. This is because, sodas, juices and citrus fruits are acidic and if you brush right after consuming them the friction of brushing combined with the acid will actually cause your tooth enamel to erode.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day - morning and night.
- Remember to brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes each time.
- You must brush your teeth after every meal to ensure that your mouth is free from any leftover food and harmful bacteria.
- Remember to change your toothbrush every 2 – 3 months to maintain proper hygiene and avoid oral hygiene problem.
- Tea aids in the prevention of plaque sticking to teeth and is a good source of antioxidants to keep the gums healthy. Drink both black and green tea in moderation every day.
- Water helps in washing away harmful bacteria on your teeth. Consume enough of water throughout the day to avoid oral health problem.
- Snack on crunchy foods as foods like carrots, apples and celery help to scrub away stains and plaque.
- Drink acidic drinks and artificially sweetened sodas and juices using a straw to limit the exposure of these corrosive drinks to your teeth and gums.
- Always visit your dentist at least at least twice a year to ensure that your teeth are in perfect condition.
- Calcium keeps teeth hard and strong. Include a lot of it in your daily diet by consuming calcium rich foods such as milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
- Brush using the best ayurvedic toothpaste- Dabur Red Paste.
Visit Dabur's complete range of time tested natural toothpastes which combine power of nature and science for solving all dental issues. Use the best toothpaste in India to keep your teeth healthy and strong. Maintain proper oral hygiene and choose the right toothpaste to keep all dental problems away & ensure proper dental care.