Are you suffering from bleeding or inflamed gums? Are your gums red, tender or receding? If you can also feel your teeth shifting and suffer from a persistent and embarrassing bad breath, did you know you may be suffering from gum problems? Yes, gum problems can be caused by a number of factors. Check, what causes gum diseases?
SYMPTOMS FOR GUM DISEASES:
- Not brushing your teeth properly or regularly can lead to plague build up, which is a sticky, colourless film that constantly forms on your teeth. Plague infects not only your gums and teeth, but also the gum tissue and bone that support the teeth.
- Hormonal changes can also lead to the gums becoming sensitive and more prone to diseases. This happens more in women who are undergoing puberty, pregnancy, menopause and monthly menstruation.
- Also, there are some medications that can cause a dry mouth and in turn cause a gum disease. This happens because the lesser the saliva in the mouth to wash away bacteria, the more it keeps the mouth dirty.
- If you have a family history of gum diseases, chances are you will fall prey to it if proper care is not taken.
- Sometimes, some illnesses such as diabetes, HIV, cancer, interfere with the immune system of the body are more likely to cause gum diseases.
- If you are a chain smoker, then it automatically makes it harder for the gum tissue to repair itself, making you prone to gum disease.
- Also, for good gums, it is advisable to eat well and avoid being malnourished.
- Excessive stress is also known to cause gum problems.
If you are already suffering from gum problems, take a look at the treatments available for you:
HOW YOU CAN TREAT GUM DISEASES?
NON SURGICAL TREATMENT
- Professional Dental Cleaning - In this procedure, the dentist will remove the plaque and tartar from above and below the gum line of all teeth. If you have some signs of gum disease, your dentist may recommend professional dental cleaning more than twice a year.
- Scaling and Root Planing - This is a deep-cleaning, nonsurgical procedure, done under a local anaesthetic, whereby plaque and tartar from above and below the gum line are scraped away (scaling) and rough spots on the tooth root are made smooth (planing).
- Flap surgery/pocket reduction surgery
- Bone grafts
- Soft tissue grafts
- Guided tissue regeneration
- Bone surgery
Good oral hygiene
and regular visits to the dentist can reverse the damage caused during the very early stages of gum disease. Using the best ayurvedic toothpaste - Dabur Red
paste, on a regular basis, can also help avoid such gum problems. Maintain proper oral hygiene
and choose the right toothpaste
to keep all dental problems
away & ensure proper dental care