Too much stress affects your whole body, including your mouth, teeth, and gums. Distress if you wish to save yourself from dental problems. Watch out for the following signs and pay a quick visit to the dentist if they surface.
- Bruxism – When you grind your teeth, due to some tension or pressure, it can lead to tooth damage. Show yourself to your dentist at once if you seem to be developing this dental problem. If diagnosed with bruxism, use a night guard to protect your jaw.
- Lichen Planus – This dental problem is characterized by white lines, sores and ulcers in the oral cavity. This is usually the result of a viral infection caused by stress.
- Poor Oral Hygiene - Being under extreme stress may affect your mood and cause you to skip brushing, flossing, and rinsing. If you don't take care of your mouth, your teeth and overall oral health can suffer.
- Burning Mouth Syndrome – Are you experiencing a burning sensation on your tongue, lips, gums or palate? This is a result of excessive stress and must be avoided at any cost.
- Dry Mouth – Much stress makes the mouth go dry. Now, when the mouth doesn't produce enough saliva, it increases the chances of tooth decay. Apart from stress, even some medications and treatments can cause dry mouth.
- Gum Disease - When long-term stress affects the immune systems, it often results in susceptibility to infections such as periodontal disease.
- Canker Sores - Canker sores can sometimes be brought on by stress. Although harmless, these small sores can be painful and interrupt the healthy functioning of your body.
- TMJ/TMD - Stress contributes to temporomandibular joint disorder by encouraging tooth grinding, anxiety and depression.
One of the best ways to fight the negative effects of stress is to remove the source of stress. If it's not possible, counselling, exercise such as yoga or jogging, relaxation or meditation or even massage and physical therapy may help reduce your tension. Also, always remember to use the best ayurvedic toothpaste - Dabur Red Paste
to save yourself from any dental problem. Maintain proper oral hygiene
and choose the right toothpaste
to keep all dental problems
away & ensure proper dental care