With the increasing pressures in our everyday lives, stress has become a part and parcel of our lives. This however, is just a sign of poor living. Too much stress affects your whole body, including your mouth, teeth, and gums. So it’s important to de-stress if you wish to save yourself from dental problems. Watch out for stress affecting oral health.
- Bruxism – When you grind your teeth, due to some tension or pressure, it can lead to tooth damage. Approach the dentist at once if you seem to be developing this dental problem. If diagnosed with bruxism, use a night guard to protect your jaw.
- Lichen Planus – This dental problem is characterized by white lines, sores and ulcers in the oral cavity. This is usually the result of viral infections caused by stress.
- Poor Oral Hygiene – Being under extreme stress may affect your mood and cause you to skip brushing, flossing, and rinsing. If you don't take care of your mouth or teeth, your overall oral health can suffer.
- Burning Mouth Syndrome – Are you experiencing a burning sensation on your tongue, lips, gums or palate? This is a result of excessive stress and must be avoided at any cost.
- Dry Mouth – Much stress makes the mouth go dry. Now, when the mouth doesn't produce enough saliva, it increases the chances of tooth decay. Apart from stress, even some medications and treatments can cause a dry mouth.
- Gum Disease – When long-term stress affects the immune systems, it often results in susceptibility to infections such as periodontal disease.
- Canker Sores - Canker sores can sometimes be brought on by stress. Although harmless, these small sores can be painful and interrupt the healthy functioning of the body.
- TMJ/TMD - Stress contributes to temporomandibular joint by encouraging tooth grinding, anxiety and depression.
Stress and oral health go hand in hand and stress can affect the oral health adversely. One of the best ways to fight the negative effects of stress is to remove the source of stress. But if that's not possible, counselling, exercise such as yoga or jogging, relaxation or meditation or even massage and physical therapy may help reduce your tension. Also, always remember to use best herbal toothpaste - Meswak
to save yourself from any dental problem. Maintain proper oral hygiene
and choose the right toothpaste
to keep all dental problems
away & ensure proper dental care