We all know that proper care of your teeth and eating a good diet can keep your smile beautiful, strong and free from any dental problems. But did you know that the presence of too much or too little of nutrients can have harmful effects on the mouth and teeth and lead to oral diseases and infection? Yes, it does! Therefore, you must include the right amount of minerals and nutrients to your diet so the body's tissues are able to resist infection. Certain vitamins and minerals also help promote optimal oral health, like Vitamin A. Read on to understand benefits of Vitamin A for healthy teeth:
- Vitamin A is an essential vitamin required for vision, gene transcription, boosting immune function, good oral health and great skin health.
- Vitamin A contains beta-carotene, which has antioxidant properties. These antioxidants assist in getting rid of free radicals - chemicals that speed up decay in the body.
- A lack of vitamin A can lead to delayed healing in the mouth.
- Vitamin A is another bone-booster that can help to keep your teeth strong.
However, while consuming Vitamin A for teeth, you must be careful. Here are some negative effects:
- Since Vitamin A can be stored in body fat, so high-dose supplements are not recommended.
- They can cause side effects such as joint pain, headache, diarrhea, fatigue, vomiting and liver damage.
- If you consume too much vitamin A, you can become sick. Large doses of vitamin A can also cause birth defects.
Did you know that two different types of vitamin A are found in the diet? Preformed vitamin A is found in animal products such as meat, fish, poultry and dairy foods. The other type, pro-vitamin A is found in plant-based foods such as fruits and vegetables. The most common type of pro-vitamin A is beta-carotene. Make sure you consume food rich in Vitamin A and enjoy Vitamin A benefits.
Good sources of vitamin A include:
- Fortified milk
- Liver (chicken, beef)
- Leafy green vegetables
- Sweet Potato
- Dried Apricots
- Cantaloupe Melon
- Sweet Red Peppers
- Tuna Fish
- Tropical Fruits
While it is very important to maintain your Vitamin A intake, you must also remember to brush your teeth with best ayurvedic toothpaste - Dabur Red Paste
to avoid any dental problems. Maintain proper oral hygiene
and choose the right toothpaste to keep all dental problems
away & ensure proper dental care
Maintaining proper oral hygiene and using the right toothpaste plays a vital role in keeping dental problems such as plaque, cavities, tartar and tooth decay away. Visit our blog to know more about dental care and following an oral care routine to keep teeth strong and healthy.