Here is your chance to know the perfect way to care for your pearly whites. Follow our dental care tips to stay free from any dental problems!
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day- morning and night, using a good herbal toothpaste like Meswak.
- Remember to brush your teeth for at least 3-5 minutes each time by the watch. Using a mouth rinse is a good habit, but make sure there is an interval of at least 30-45 minutes between rinsing & brushing.
- You must brush your teeth after every meal to ensure that your mouth is free from any leftover food and harmful bacteria.
- Remember to change your toothbrush every 2-3 months to maintain proper hygiene and avoid dental problems. Usually when the bristles start wearing off, one should change the toothbrush.
- Water helps in washing away harmful bacteria on your teeth.Consume enough of H2O throughout the day to avoid dental problems.
- Snack on crunchy foods as foods like carrots, apples and celery help to scrub away stains and plaque.
- Drink acidic drinks and artificially sweetened sodas and juices usinga straw to limit the exposure of these corrosive drinks to your teeth and gums. Preferably, reduce the use of such drinks.
- Always visit your dentist atleast twice a year to ensure that your teeth are in perfect condition.
- Calcium keeps teeth hard and strong. Include a lot of it in your daily diet by consuming calcium rich foods such as milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
- Don't forget to clean behind your back teeth.
- Avoid snacking on hard or sticky candies as they tend to remain in the mouth longer and thus increase the risk of tooth decay.
- Don't ignore your gums to avoid bad breath and teeth from becoming mobile & falling off.
- Never rinse your mouth with an alcohol based mouth-rinse. Choose only a non-alcoholic variant to avoid irritation to your gums. You can also use a mixture of warm water and salt to rinse daily.
- Don't clean your tongue so hard that it hurts. Tongue cleaners usually erode the taste buds, hence, a toothbrush is enough to clean the surface of the tongue.
- Avoid too much caffeine.
- Don’t brush your teeth right after drinking or eating acidic drinks or foods. Drink water before brushing to activate the saliva in the mouth. This is because, sodas, juices and citrus fruits are acidic and if you brush right after consuming them the friction of brushing combined with the acid will actually cause your tooth enamel to erode.
- Limit chewing gums to avoid pain in the jaw joints.
- Tobacco chewing & smoking is a strict no-no for good oral health.
- Never use toothpicks, pins etc to remove food debris from between your teeth. They will injure your gums & lead to problems.
Follow the above dental care
tips to live aproblem-free oral life!
Maintaining proper oral hygiene and using the right toothpaste plays a vital role in keeping dental problems away.