It is odd but true that bad breath
can be caused with or with or proper brushing. Experts say that amongst the many causes of bad breath
, not using the correct toothpaste
could be one. Thus, dentist from all over the country recommend a herbal solution - Dabur Meswak - Herbal Toothpaste.
While brushing effectively is a step in the correct direction, you can also follow some simple, home remedies to get rid of the dental problem of halitosis or malodour.
- Avoid foods such as garlic and onions, as they contain sulphur compounds that move on to the lungs after they are absorbed in the bloodstream. This causes a pungent odour and leads to bad breath.
- Use Baking Soda as it cleans your teeth and helps your breath remain fresh. All you have to do is sprinkle some baking soda onto your palm, dip a damp toothbrush into the baking soda and brush.
- Chew on the seeds of aromatic spices such as clove, cardamom, or fennel after meals as these seeds contain antimicrobial properties that can help halt the dental problem of bad breath.
- Drink plenty of water and do not let your mouth go dry. Water may even work as well as mouthwash in removing trapped food particles and keeping your breath fresh.
- Boil a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water. Strain and drink this tea. Fenugreek tea is highly effective to relieve bad breath.
- You can also use lemon juice to cure bad breath. The high acidic content in lemons prevents growth of bacteria on your tongue and gums. Just mix lemon juice with salt and rinse your mouth with it before you turn in for the night.
- Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties that can disinfect your mouth. Use it to get instant relief.
- You can also opt for herbal tea with alfalfa. To make this herbal tea, put two teaspoons of dried alfalfa leaves in a cup of boiling water and steep for about 15 minutes. Drink this herbal tea several times a day to keep your breath fresh.
- Take probiotic-rich foods like yogurt in greater quantities. You can also mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with water. Consume it prior to eating meals and enable your digestive processes to run more smoothly.
- If nothing else works, gargling with salt water will. Try rock salt as it is more effective in eliminating bacteria from your throat and tonsils.
Visit out dental blog to know various other techniques on how to get rid of bad breath. Maintain proper oral hygiene and choose the right toothpaste to keep all dental problems away & ensure proper dental care.