Everyone has bacteria in the mouth that is constantly forming because of what we eat. If not removed, this becomes a biofilm, usually pale yellow in colour and is soft and sticky, feels fuzzy. This is known as dental plague and can lead to greater tooth problems if not treated on time. Avoid falling prey to this dental problem. All you have to do is follow the given pointers:
- Skip snacks, eat crunchy foods and a balanced diet. Avoid the excessive intake of sugary and sticky drinks and foods. To prevent further plaque from forming on your teeth.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, for two minutes each time.
- Never skip flossing. Flossing is essential to preventing gum disease.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and India’s best toothpaste - Dabur Meswak - Herbal Toothpaste to remove plaque from tooth surfaces and protect your teeth from decay.
- Mouth rinses alone will not provide enough plaque removal to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Opt for professional cleaning of your teeth at least twice a year to avoid dental problems. During scaling, plaque and tartar are removed from the crown and root of the tooth.
- Visit your dentist frequently to get your teeth examined and keep them in great shape.
- Increase the intake of water.
However, if you are already suffering from the dental problem of plague, then you can try out the following suggestions for immediate relief:
- Use baking soda. Make a paste by mixing 1 teaspoon of table salt, 1 tablespoon of baking soda and a few drops of water and apply this using your toothbrush.
- Eat spicy food so as to increase the production of saliva. This is because, the acid content of the saliva will help break down the formation of tartar.
- You can also start consuming cheese as it neutralizes acid that can impact the production of plaque.
- Try lemon when everything else fails! All you need to do is to squeeze lime juice into a bowl, dip the toothbrush in the lime juice and brush your teeth, two times, every day.
- You must also consume foods rich in Vitamin C such as berries, bell peppers, lemon, limes, papayas to help keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Try rubbing an orange peel on your teeth before going to bed and do not rinse your mouth after that. This may help in fighting the dental problem of plaque.
- Chewing sesame seeds and then brushing your teeth after that is one of the successful methods to get rid of tartar. It helps soften plaque and tartar and ultimately gets rid of it in a few days.
The problem of plaque can become a serious issue without proper dental care
. Maintain a strict dental routine to avoid oral health issues.
Maintaining proper oral hygiene plays a vital role in keeping dental problems such as plaque, gingivitis, tartar and tooth decay away. Visit our blog to know more about dental care and following an oral care routine to keep teeth strong and healthy