is a sticky, colourless film that constantly forms on your teeth. If plaque is not removed regularly by tooth brushing and flossing, it hardens to create tartar. Once tartar forms, the acids released by the bacteria in your mouth can break down your tooth enamel, leading to cavities and tooth decay
Tartar that develops above the gum line can be especially serious as it can irritate and damage the gums. Over time, this inflammation can lead to progressive gum disease, which can have serious consequences if left untreated. If tartar is not removed and gingivitis (the 1st stage of gum disease) is left untreated, it can progress into a more serious form of gum disease known as Periodontitis (read more about Periodontitis in this article). This can ultimately lead to tooth loss and bone degradation. In addition, this dental condition may cause heart disease and other conditions. Thus, it is important to control this dental problem before things get out of hand.
Home Remedies to Remove Tartar
- Brush using the right technique. Use a brush with soft bristles that is small enough to reach all the areas in your mouth. Brush for at least 2 minutes, twice a day and at least rinse after every meal.
- Hold the brush at a 45-degree angle against the gum line. Focus on just one or two teeth at a time. Don't forget to brush your tongue. For more efficient brushing, an electric brush may be a good idea.
- Give up smoking if you love your teeth and don’t want dental problems such as tartar. People who smoke cigarettes or use other tobacco products are more likely to have tartar on their teeth and under their gums.
- Use India’s best toothpaste - Dabur Red Paste as it is a unique blend of traditional Indian Medicine and modern pharmaceutical technology. It is packed with the power of 13 active Ayurvedic ingredients like Laung, Pudina & Tomar, that keep all your dental problems away. Dabur Red paste is very successful against tartar, cavities, tooth loss, plaque, gingivitis and bad breath and can show considerable relief if used to soothe these dental problems.
- Always remember to floss as it reaches places your toothbrush can not and prevents dental problems. Start with 18 to 24 inches of floss, and wind most of it around the middle or index finger on one hand.
- Drinking plenty of water during and after meals may also help minimize plaque build-up.
- Limit snacking. The bacteria in your mouth thrive on sugary and starchy foods. When they are exposed to those foods, they release damaging acids. So, watch what you eat and always opt for a healthy diet and limit sugar intake and snacking.
- Consume crunchy foods as they stimulate the saliva in the mouth and help it keep the teeth clean.
Always visit your dentist once in every six months for a general check-up and professional cleaning. This habit will help prevent tooth decay
Learn more about the various causes of tooth decay and home remedies to get rid of cavities with Dabur dental care
Maintaining proper oral hygiene and using the right toothpaste plays a vital role in keeping dental problems away. Visit our blog to know more about dental care and following an oral care routine to keep teeth strong and healthy