If you are planning a trip soon, there must be a lot on your mind. While you check-off all those essentials on your must-carry list, don’t forget to decide what you need to do about your oral care
. As far as your toothpaste is concerned, you can continue to trust India’s best toothpaste
– Dabur Red Paste
, for proper dental care, while you are busy having fun. However, you may have some decisions to make, as far as your toothbrush is concerned! The market is filled with a variety of manual and electric toothbrushes. When you go to pick one, you are bound to get confused between the two, if you are unaware of their benefits and shortcomings. So, before you pick up the best toothbrush for your travel, here is what you should know about the pros and cons of manual and electric toothbrushes.
- Variety - Manual toothbrushes come in a much larger variety. They’re available in soft, medium and hard bristles with a small, standard or larger head. Ideally one should use a medium bristled brush with a small head. With electric toothbrushes, the luxury of variety may not be available.
- Flexibility - A manual toothbrush is known for its flexibility. Its soft bristles make it easier for you to manoeuvre it inside your mouth and reach the tooth next to the gum. Also, a manual toothbrush is more effective in removing food stuck between your teeth, thus preventing cavities. On the other hand, electric toothbrushes have tightly compacted bristles that cannot bend back far enough to reach teeth at the back with debris.
- Portability - Manual toothbrushes are easier to travel with. They don’t have any batteries that require charging before they can be used. This means it’s easier for you to take them with you, especially if you like to travel to places where charging can be a problem. Whereas electric toothbrushes always have the hassle of charging before use and that becomes a problem in long travels.
- Hygiene -The manual toothbrush is the best you will ever find for the proper cleaning of cavities. It can effectively brush your tongue, as well as the sides of your cheeks and avoid associated dental problems. On the other hand, circular headed electric toothbrushes perform poorly at cleaning anything other than the teeth.
- Price-Effectiveness - The countless benefits and the wonders of electric toothbrushes make them worth every penny. A manual brush may come at a lower cost but is much less durable and involves a lot of effort.
- Efficiency - It is very important to brush for at least 2 minutes to avoid dental problems, and not get over with the procedure hurriedly due to boredom, etc. In electric toothbrushes, this can be done easily with the help of the built-in timer of the electric toothbrush and proper dental cleaning can be assured. However, this luxury is not available in a manual toothbrush where you have to keep the track of time by yourself.
Regardless of the type of toothbrush that you use, it’s the brushing of your teeth which is very important for you to do on a daily basis. You must brush diligently to ensure proper dental care
, even when you are travelling.
Maintain proper oral hygiene and choose the right toothpaste to keep all dental problems away.