Various people are prone to suffer from discoloration of teeth. This is mainly a cosmetic problem that occurs when the enamel or the dentine become discoloured or stained. Tooth discoloration can be a result of anything from coffee to smoking or it can be a natural part of getting older. However, you can avoid it by simply taking precautions and avoiding certain foods. Given below is a list of foods to avoid from stains on teeth:
- Tea – It is a healthy drink, but it may not be the best choice for keeping your teeth white. Even herbal teas can cause more stains on teeth than coffee. They wear away the enamel- outer covering of your teeth and cause stains.
- Black Coffee - The outer layer of the tooth is very porous and absorbs foods and liquids. Coffee with milk may be better for your teeth and will also help in keeping your teeth stronger.
- Sauces - Deep coloured sauces that contain soy, tomato, and curry also cause stains. Opt for creamy sauces and brush and rinse soon after eating.
- Wine - Red wine, an acidic beverage that contains chromogens and tannins, is notorious for staining teeth. Even white wine is not advised if you want to avoid discoloration of teeth.
- Sports Drinks and Aerated Drinks - Acidic foods and drinks can also affect your teeth. Sports or energy drinks can erode enamel and can cause significant staining. Carbonated beverages have similar acidity as battery acid.
- Sweets - All kind of candies have teeth-staining/colouring agents. However, the good news is that unless they are consumed regularly, sweets probably play a minor role in teeth staining.
- Fruits and Berries - Blueberries, blackberries, cherries, pomegranates, and other vibrant fruits can stain teeth. Paler fruits, like white grapes and white cranberries, are less likely to cause stains.
- Tomato Ketchup - Tomato based sauces can stain teeth because of their bright red colour and also because of the high levels of acidity in tomatoes.
- Beets - Beets have very powerful staining agents. Brush your teeth within an hour after consuming beets or beet juice in order to avoid discoloration of teeth.
- Curry - This popular Indian spice is a well-known tooth stainer. Its natural yellow or sometimes red colour leaves a tinge on teeth.
To avoid teeth discoloration, it is advisable to brush your teeth using best ayurvedic toothpaste - Dabur Red Paste
. Dabur Red Paste is a unique blend of traditional Indian medicine and modern pharmaceutical technology. It is packed with the power of 13 active Ayurveda ingredients like Laung, Pudina & Tomar that keep all your dental problems away.
Visit Dabur's complete range of time tested natural toothpastes which combine power of nature and science for solving all dental issues. Use Dabur's the best toothpaste in India to keep your teeth healthy and strong. Maintain proper oral hygiene and choose the right toothpaste to keep all dental problems away & ensure proper dental care. Maintain proper oral hygiene and choose the right toothpaste to keep all dental problems away & ensure proper dental care.